Tuesday, June 8, 2010



His Crowns

Revelation 15:3



And sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. (NIV Bible)


I like to whistle. One day I started to draw and the hymn “Crown Him With Many Crowns” came into my mind. This drawing represents His crowns; Lord of life, Lord of love, Lord of peace, and Lord of years. The band at the bottom represents one crown with the others blended together above it. The crown of thorns placed on his head did not last. The Lamb of God replaced it with many crowns! This design is dedicated to Greg Keefer. You can read about Greg in my book, In The Beginning...The Art of Bob Spence.


Many years ago, when I wanted to be at baseball or basketball practice, my Mother had me at voice lessons. At the time I went under protest, but now, looking back, I sure am thankful she made me go to the lessons. Mom also taught me that when you sing a hymn, the music obviously is important, but pay attention to the words you are singing. Many times a hymn is from the Psalms and is a prayer. In Revelation, Chapter 4, verse 10-11, it is written, They lay their crowns before the throne and say: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power,” for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Know any songs with these words? I am sure you do. How about the hymn, Holy, Holy, Holy?


What crowns do we lay at His feet? Could they be our acts of mercy? Could they be the times we stood up for Christ? Could they be the times we helped those in need? Could they be the people we introduced to Christ? Think about it. And while you are, turn to the Book of James, Chapter 2, verse 17 in the Message: Isn’t it obvious that God-talk without God-acts is outrageous nonsense? And read on in verse 22, Faith and works, works and faith, fit together hand in glove. Wow! As you go out into the marketplace, the way you conduct yourself reflects your faith. There is no option. You must do all you can to be like Jesus. Our nation is going in the wrong direction. If we do not stand for the Lord, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment