Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Creation


In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. God saw all he had made, and it was very good. Genesis 1:1 and 1:31 (NIV)

The original of this design is 18 inches by 24 inches. When I was doing this design, initially I had no idea where it was going or what it was to represent. Then, when I was about 50% finished, it was revealed to me; Creation! The Biblical account of creation speaks of light, sky, land, an expanse between the waters, vegetation, trees with fruit, stars, living creatures, animals, and man. While I do not claim to have captured all of that in this one design, I find the colors, movement, and explosion of the various shapes helps me feel the majesty of God and brings me closer to Him and His creation.

Have you seen the video, “Indescribable” by Lou Giglio? If you have not seen this production, you really need to make it a must-see! Using photographs of the Universe to highlight his presentation, Lou really brings home to you the immense size of the Lord’s creation. As I wrote in my book, In The Beginning...The Art of Bob Spence, Lou introduced me to Psalm 33, verses 6 and 9: By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded and it stood firm. Yes, God’s greatness and creation are indeed indescribable!

So, what does this all mean for us in our daily lives in the marketplace? Let’s begin with Psalm 118:24. “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” How do you begin your day? With prayer? Reading Scripture? The Lord has given you this day. Now, what are you going to do with it? How about we try our best to walk as Jesus walked? Makes sense to me. In James 1:16-18 it is written; “Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first-fruits of all he created.” And what does James mean by the “word of truth?” The word of truth is Jesus! In this world of “social justice” and “group salvation” we must stand tall for the faith. And as Paul wrote to Timothy, 3:16, “All Scripture is God-breathed...” The Bible is the inerrant Word of God! Make sure your church is Bible-based and not one that is based on today’s society and its norms.

No comments:

Post a Comment