Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hope In the Spirit


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 (NIV Bible)

At first glance this design might appear whimsical and free-flowing without any sense of direction. As I worked on the design, I really felt a sense of peace and a strong sense of hope. At the time I did this design, business was really down. I could have been down or discouraged, but the Spirit pushed me and guided my pens. This free flowing design with multiple colors illustrates how our hearts are to be open and not anxious, but focusing on the cross and allowing the Holy Spirit to consume us. As you look at the design, open your heart and let the power of the Holy Spirit overflow and fill you with truth and the joy of Christ!

It is written in 2 Chronicles 7:14, “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” What has happened to this nation? Our hearts have turned away from the Lord. It amazes me how people have recently placed their faith and hope in arrogant politicians, who see themselves as perfect. Do they not know that joy, hope, peace and love come from the Lord and not from political figureheads? We must not fear or be anxious, but trust in the Lord.

As Christians in the marketplace we must not, we cannot be silent! In the Gospel of John, Chapter 17, verses 17-19, Jesus prayed, “Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.” The world tells us Christians we must be tolerant, but what the world really means is we must capitulate to the ways of the world. In the Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 10, verses 32-33, Jesus said, “Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.” Simply stated, that means we stand up and speak for Jesus and we walk and talk as he did. We must not cower in fear or worry about being politically correct. While our political leaders have disowned Christ, I shall rise up and declare from the mountain tops that Jesus is Lord; the way, the light, and the truth! Where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment