Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Celebrate!


Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him! Psalm 147:1 (NIV Bible)


This design is named after the song by Rita Baloche, "I Will Celebrate." I did the design while recovering from dental surgery and a root canal and had considered naming it “pain and agony.” My wife looked at it and said, "that looks like a celebration." Then I realized it was indeed a celebration of recovery and health, all blessed by the Lord. The design appears to have “fireworks” exploding and the design is full of motion, much like any celebration you would see on a holiday! I find it makes me think of fun and good times and our Great God!

I really enjoy contemporary worship services. I really enjoy the music and singing. I really enjoy the new worship songs. And, I really enjoy the praise bands with guitars, keyboards, drums, and any other instrument they want to use! And I really enjoy “doing church!” In her song, Celebrate, Rita Baloche’s lyrics are so meaningful; “sing to the Lord a new song...with my heart rejoicing within..with my mind focused on Him...with my hands raised to the heavens..I am worshipping Him! Wow! Think for a moment about your most recent worship experience. What was it like? How did you feel? What did you do? And, did you join in the singing? If you sang along, did you think about the words you were singing? What was the pastor’s message? How did the words apply to your life? Who did you see? Who did you speak to? Who did you hug? Did you rush out the door at the end or did you take time to fellowship with others?

In my opinion, worship is a celebration and as Christians we have a whole lot to celebrate! (You can start with the gift of grace and eternal life with Christ and go on and make your list...) As we, as Christians, go out into the marketplace, it is imperative that we share the good news. A smile, a word of encouragement, helping others, caring for others, all show people in the marketplace what a follower of Jesus is like! It makes them think about a Christian life and makes them open to hearing about Jesus. What have you done recently to demonstrate a life as a Christian to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment